Which Ad Works, When, Where, and how Often? Modeling the Effects of Direct Television Advertising
Get full access to this article
View all access and purchase options for this article.
Download to reference manager
If you have citation software installed, you can download article citation data to the citation manager of your choice
Information, rights and permissions
Rights and permissions
Metrics and citations
This article was published in Journal of Marketing Research.VIEW ALL JOURNAL METRICS
Total views and downloads: 667
*Article usage tracking started in December 2016
See the impact this article is making through the number of times it’s been read, and the Altmetric Score.
Learn more about the Altmetric Scores
Articles citing this one
Web of Science: 0
- The great start of the day is morning? the roles of diurnal variations...
- May I have your attention, please? An investigation on opening effecti...
- Quantifying the roles of conscious and unconscious processing in insig...
- The effects of multiple-period promotions differing in frequency and d...
- How do morning and friendly ads influence mobile advertising? A mediat...
- Modelling short-and long-term marketing effects in the consumer purcha...
- Return on Media Models
- Mass media coverage and vaccination uptake: evidence from the demand f...
- Forecasting time-varying arrivals: Impact of direct response advertisi...
- Marketing response and temporal aggregation
- Application of Econometrics in Business Research
- An empirical examination of the effects of design elements of email ne...
- Investors’ response to advertising: the role of media
- Spillovers from Mass Advertising: An Identification Strategy
- Cross-Media Consumption: Insights from Super Bowl Advertising
- The more funding the better? The moderating role of knowledge stock on...
- Advertising Content and Viewer Attention: The Role of Ad Formats
- Advertising and brand attitudes: Evidence from 575 brands over five ye...
- Mobile Time-Based Targeting: Matching Product-Value Appeal to Time of ...
- Allocating Spending On Digital-Video Advertising
- Search Advertising and Information Discovery: Are Consumers Averse to ...
- Understanding programmatic TV advertising
- The Influence of advertising media on brand awareness
- Return on Media Models
- A Meta-Analysis of Marketing Communication Carryover Effects
- How to develop brand attachment in various product categories?
- A Dynamic Model for Digital Advertising: The Effects of Creative Forma...
- The Effects of Advertised Quality Emphasis and Objective Quality on Sa...
- Return on Media Models
- Marketing Models for the Customer-Centric Firm
- Modeling intra-seasonal heterogeneity in hourly advertising-response m...
- Mass Advertising as a Natural Experiment
- Television Advertising and Online Word-of-Mouth: An Empirical Investig...
- The Effect of Monetary Policies on the Relationship between Advertisin...
- Synergizing Advertising Campaigns with Appeals: A Perspective through ...
- An analysis of new visitors' website behaviour before & after TV adver...
- Television Advertising and Online Shopping
- Price Advertising by Manufacturers and Dealers
- How TV Ads Influence Online Shopping
- The effectiveness of high-frequency direct-response commercials
- Do Expert Reviews Affect the Demand for Wine?
- Determinants of Advertising Effectiveness: The Development of an Inter...
- Enough Is Enough! The Fine Line in Executing Multichannel Relational C...
- The Impact of Economic Contractions on the Effectiveness of R&D and Ad...
- How Well Does Advertising Work? Generalizations from Meta-Analysis of ...
- À quel point la publicité est-elle efficace? Généralisations à partir ...
- Price Advertising by Multiple Channel Members
- Category- versus Brand-Level Advertising Messages in a Highly Regulate...
- Persuasion: Empirical Evidence
- How persuasive messages can influence behavior without awareness
- Enhancing mobile coupon redemption in fast food campaigns
- Minimum effective frequency for interactive television ads
- The Effectiveness of Post-Release Movie Advertising
- Generalizations About Advertising Effectiveness in Markets
- The beer market and advertising expenditure
- An Empirical Analysis of Search Engine Advertising: Sponsored Search i...
- New and Enduring Empirical Generalizations on Advertising Elasticity: ...
- Fast‐Food Restaurant Advertising on Television and Its Influence on Ch...
- Does Academic Research Help or Hurt MBA Programs?
- Brand Portfolio Promotions
- Insights into interpreting integrated marketing communications
- Optimal Data Interval for Estimating Advertising Response
- How Does Objective Quality Affect Perceived Quality? Short-Term Effect...
- The Structure of Scenario Communication and Chance Discovery
- Chapter 18 Forecasting in Marketing
- Practice Prize Reports
- Advertising response models with managerial impact: an agenda for the ...
- Advertising's Role in Capitalist Markets: What Do We Know and Where Do...
- The effect of acquisition channels on customer loyalty and cross-buyin...
- On the Use of Econometric Models for Policy Simulation in Marketing
- The Impact of Acquisitions on Innovation: Poison Pill, Placebo, or Ton...
- Do Campaigns Really Change Behavior?
- The Theoretical Underpinnings of Customer Asset Management: A Framewor...
- The Risk Reduction Role of Advertising
- What to Say When: Advertising Appeals in Evolving Markets
- Time-series models in marketing:
Figures and tables
Figures & Media
If you have access to journal content via a personal subscription, university, library, employer or society, select from the options below:
I am signed in as:
View my profileSign out
I can access personal subscriptions, purchases, paired institutional access and free tools such as favourite journals, email alerts and saved searches.
loading institutional access options
Alternatively, view purchase options below:
Purchase 24 hour online access to view and download content.
Access journal content via a DeepDyve subscription or find out more about this option.